Laura Anderson - Certified Massage Therapist
Benefits of Massage
There's no denying the power of bodywork. Regardless of the adjectives we assign to it (pampering, rejuvenating, therapeutic) or the reasons we seek it out (a luxurious treat, stress relief, pain management), massage therapy can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen. Here are a few of the ways massage can be beneficial:
- Aid in the alleviation of low-back pain and improve range of motion
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system
- Release endorphin's - amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Athletes of any level can prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
The focus of my massage practice over the last 30 years has been to assist in the wellness of my clients as they pass through life's challenges. My work has taken me to hospice care, helping people in crossing over with comfort of touch and loving care. I have worked with athletes and people pushing their bodies to accomplish great physical challenges, such as rehabilitating from severe accidents and illnesses to climbing mountains or running marathons. I am honored to be a part of their wellness care.
I developed my own product line, LACE Herbal Products because I wanted live active plant oils and chemical free oils and butters to care for my client's skin. I want skin care to be as pure as the foods you would ingest.
Lace Herbal Products are made with organically grown and distilled herbs from the Sonoma Valley in California. Our herbs are distilled locally by SonomaRoma Distillery using only pure deep well water. The fresh herbs are distilled in small batches, thereby producing the finest essential oils and lotions.
Getting a massage can do you a world of good. And getting massage frequently can do even more. This is the beauty of bodywork. Taking part in this form of regularly scheduled self-care can play a huge part in how healthy you'll be and how youthful you'll remain with each passing year.
I specialize in Trigger Work, Shiatsu, Swedish / Esalen, Sports, Lymphatic Drainage, Deep Tissue, Pain Management, and Aromatherapy.
- 60 min - $100.00
- 90min - $120.00
- Home visit - $140.00
*Group rates can be negotiated for weddings and spa parties.
Office Days and Hours:
Sunday –Weds 10:00 to 6:00